Discerning a vocation to the priesthood?
Here are some steps to help guide you…
- Prayer: Spend time daily in quiet prayer, especially in the presence of the Blessed Sacrament. Also pray the Rosary, read the Scriptures, especially the Gospels.
- Sacraments: Frequent reception of the sacraments of Holy Confession and Holy Communion keep us in close union with the Lord and His Will for our lives.
- Counsel: Seek counsel from people you trust (your parents, a priest). Get spiritual direction from someone trained to do so.
- Silence: Take time to be alone with God, away from all of the distractions of the world.
- Contact: Make contact with us and visit us. Plan a visit to a ministry of one of our priests. Help us to get to know you and you to get to know us.
- Trust: Above all, trust that doing the will of God will bring joy and peace in your life.